Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed

If you have determined that you need a Planning Permit for your project, you need to:

  1. Obtain a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
  2. Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
  3. Complete the Application for a Planning Permit.
  4. Submit the form, application fee and supporting documents to Council, as instructed on the application form.
  5. Now check whether you need a Tree Works Permit.