How to use this guide

Start at Step 1 and answer the questions one at a time until you know whether you need any of the following permits before starting works:

  • Memorandum of Authorisation (VicRoads)
  • Planning Permit
  • Tree Works Permit
  • Vehicular Crossover Permit
  • Asset Protection Permit
  • Road or Footpath Occupancy Permit.

Before you begin

Before finalising your design:

 This is a complex process that is normally carried out by a building contractor.

If you need help with Planning Permits, contact our Statutory Planning team on 9278 4888 or email Statutory Planning.

If you need help with Building Permits, contact our Building Services team on 9278 4999 or email Building Services.

In this guide: