How to use this guide
Start at Step 1 and answer the questions one at a time until you know whether you need any of the following permits before starting works:
- Memorandum of Authorisation (VicRoads)
- Planning Permit
- Tree Works Permit
- Vehicular Crossover Permit
- Asset Protection Permit
- Road or Footpath Occupancy Permit.
Before you begin
Before finalising your design:
- Check whether your project involves removing, pruning or carrying out works near a protected tree. You may need a permit for the tree works.
- Check for easements on your property. When an easement is obstructed, it can prevent important maintenance work and block the flow of stormwater. If your plans impact an easement, it may be necessary to modify your plans.
- See if the property is listed under Schedule to Clause 51.01 Specific Sites and Exclusions. If the property is listed, contact Statutory Planning on 9278 4888 to find out about special restrictions and exemptions that apply.
This is a complex process that is normally carried out by a building contractor.
Contact Statutory Planning or Building Services for general enquiries, or if you need help with either a Planning or Building Permit.