The Kew Recreation Centre will soon undergo a major redevelopment that will see it transform into a state of the art facility suitable for all stages of life, which will cater to a wide range of health and wellbeing needs where everyone will be welcome.
The current centre is in poor condition and is the last of the leisure and aquatic facilities in Boroondara to be redeveloped.
The new Kew Recreation Centre will be designed to meet the needs of our growing community, with modern fitness and aquatic facilities for people of all ages.
Some of the proposed components of the new centre include:
- dedicated learn-to-swim pool
- dedicated warm-water pool
- child-friendly indoor aqua play area
- indoor sport courts
- café area and spectator viewing space
- gym and indoor program spaces
- underground car parking
- newly created public open space.
We want to hear from you
Help us shape your new Kew Recreation Centre by telling us what’s important to you.
Have your say through our online survey by Friday 14 September 2018 or join us at a community consultation at the Kew Recreation Centre on:
- Tuesday 21 August, 2pm-3:30pm
- Saturday 25 August, 11:30am-1pm
- Wednesday 29 August, 7pm-8:30pm
To join us at a community consultation please register your attendance.
For more information, please contact Sam Taylor at [email protected].
If you'd like to be kept informed about the progress of this project, sign up to our mailing list.