With Stage 4 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions currently in place due to coronavirus (COVID-19), you should only leave your home for the 4 reasons as directed by the Victorian Chief Health Officer.
- shopping for essential food and supplies
- health care and caregiving
- limited outdoor exercise
- study or work if unable to work or study from home
When it comes to accessing essential food and supplies, you should also shop local. This will help slow the spread of COVID-19, while supporting local businesses who need it now more than ever.
To help you discover which local businesses are still operating under tighter restrictions, traders are sharing updates via their social media profiles. Residents can search the hashtag #BoroondaraStillOpen and their suburb hashtag - such as #CamberwellStillOpen - to see which local suppliers are still offering their favourite products and services.
Many have adapted to provide takeaway, contactless delivery and online purchasing as well.
Local businesses play a vital role in providing jobs, as well as supporting local families, community clubs and organisations. Where possible, for both the health of our local residents and economy, it’s important to shop local.
Remember - when shopping local you should:
- wear a face covering
- wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- respect the customer limits in each shop
- maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and others and avoid indoor areas as much as possible