You can now apply for the second round of Small Grants (Biannual) funding.
Quick-turnaround grants of up to $3,000 are available for small, new and one off services, programs and activities that strengthen the Boroondara community.
Not-for profit community organisations and groups can apply for grants of up to $3,000 under 6 streams:
- Active Community - Sports and Recreation
- Life-long Community - Opportunities for Over 55s
- Creative Community - Arts and Culture
- Healthy Community - Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Sustainable Community - Environmental Sustainability
- Vibrant Retail Precincts.
28 grants were awarded from the first round of Small Grants (Biannual) earlier this year, including:
- $2,637 to support the Kew Cricket Club in purchasing portable marquees, providing a safe and pleasant environment to protect scoreboard operators and cricket teams using the South Oval at Victoria Park
- $1,800 to support the Ashburton Chinese Senior Friendship Association in building a painting and calligraphy group, fostering connections in Boroondara, and
- $1,377 to support the Pied Piper Toy Library in establishing sustainable catering and decoration packs for children’s birthday parties.
For the full list of recommended Small Grants (Biannual) from the first round of funding, see our Recommended Small (Biannual) Community Grants 2020 page.
To apply for the second round of Small Grants (Biannual) funding, see our Small Grants (Biannual) page.