Some of our systems will not be available to customers from 7pm on Friday 2 February to 12noon Saturday 3 February while we make a system upgrade.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience and have tried to minimise disruption for customers by timing this over the weekend. Some alternative options are shown below.
What is affected:
During this time, you will not be able to:
- Pay online for building and planning permits, parking fines, Council invoices, business registrations, animal fines, or rates
- Book a hard waste collection online
- Renew or apply for a Disabled Parking Permit online
- Check the status of planning permit applications
- Book a function at Kew Traffic School
- Enrol your children in the Boroondara Kindergarten Central Enrolment Scheme (BKCES).
What is not affected:
You will still be able to:
- Make payments in person
- Pay a library fine by logging in to your library account
- Book tickets to, and pay for, events
- Phone Council during office hours or send an email any time.
Alternative payment channels:
- You can pay Council invoices and rates online at www.postbillpay.com.au or by calling Post Billpay on 131 816
- You may pay an infringement by calling SecurePay on 1300 722 151
- To make a payment in person on Saturday 3 February, the customer service counter at Kew Library, corner Cotham Road and Civic Drive, is open:
- Saturday: 10am-5pm