The North East Link Authority (NELA) released details on four potential corridor options for the North East Link (NEL) Project on Monday 7 August 2017. NEL is the proposed freeway connection to complete the missing link in Melbourne’s Metropolitan Ring Road, connecting the M80 Ring Road (M80) with either the Eastern Freeway or Eastlink.
One of the four options, Corridor Option A, is likely to pose the most direct impact on the City of Boroondara, particularly in relation to:
- Freeway Golf Course and Boroondara Tennis Centre
- Koonung Creek Reserve and other reserves/parks extending to Chandler Highway through upgrades to the Eastern Freeway including possible additional lanes
- Additional traffic levels, including truck traffic on Bulleen Road, connecting arterial roads and local roads and possible changes to these roads
- Additional noise levels along the Eastern Freeway corridor due to an increase in traffic and notably truck traffic
- Impacts on the future provision of the Doncaster Rail.
Interested in finding out more? NELA is holding an information session on Thursday 17 August 2017 between 5pm to 8pm at The Veneto Club, 191 Bulleen Road, Bulleen.