International Men’s Health Week is on in June, and this year's theme is “Healthy Habits” - a focus on sustainable changes that men and the people around them can implement in their day-to-day lives to improve their health and quality of life. You can learn more about International Men's Health Week on the Western Sydney University website-external site.
We hold many men's health books, magazines and online resources, covering physical and mental health for men and boys at all life stages. You can also find many health and wellbeing documentaries on the Kanopy website. To use this online service, go to the Kanopy website-external site and either log in, or create an account with your library card number and 6-digit PIN (your date of birth in DDMMYY format), to get started.
Search for 'men's health' in our catalogue, or check the shelves for Dewey 613.0423.
- Prostate recovery MAP: men's action plan by Craig Allingham
- Good night: your holistic guide to the best sleep of your life by Julia Blohberger and Roos Neeter
- CSIRO protein plus: nutrition and exercise plan by Jane Bowen, Professor Grant Brinkworth and Genevieve James-Martin
- Super gut: a four-week plan to reprogram your microbiome, restore health and lose weight by Dr. William Davis
- The world's fittest cookbook by Ross Edgley
- Man alive: the health problems men face and how to fix them by Jeff Foster
- Members club: a user's guide to the penis by Piet Hoebeke
- Men's Fitness Guide [electronic magazine]
- Men's Health Australia [electronic magazine]
- Men’s Health Magazine
- Yoga for men: build strength, improve performance, increase flexibility by Dean Pohlman
- So you think you know what's good for you by Norman Swan
Mental and emotional health
Search for 'mental health' or 'emotional health' in our catalogue, or check the shelves for Dewey 158.1.
- The revolution of man: rethinking what it means to be a man by Phil Barker
- The new manhood: love, freedom, spirit and the new masculinity* by Steve Biddulph
The new rule book: notes from a psychologist to help redefine the way you live by Chris Cheers
- Anxiety: expert advice from a neurotic shrink who's lived with it all his life* by Mark Cross
- Finding Happiness through Gratitude, Empathy and Mindfulness by Hugh van Cuylenburg
- Beyond anger: a guide for men : how to free yourself from the grip of anger and get more out of life by Thomas Harbin
- The happiness trap: stop struggling, start living by Russ Harris
- The changing man: a mental health manual by Cate Howell OAM, CSM, CF & Alex Barnard
- StressLess : proven methods to reduce stress, manage anxiety and lift your mood by Matthew Johnstone and Dr Michael Player
- The healing power of mindfulness: a new way of being by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Mindfulness for Mums and Dads: Proven strategies for calming down and connecting by Diana Korevaar
- Mental fitness: 15 rules to strengthen your body and mind by Ant Middleton
- Mindful [electronic magazine]
- For the love of men: a new vision for mindful masculinity by Liz Plank
- You are not the man you are supposed to be: into the chaos of modern masculinity by Martin Robinson
- Man down: why men are unhappy and what we can do about it by Matt Rudd
To reserve a book, visit our Reserve and request page, select the title you would like to reserve, and use your membership number and PIN to place a reservation. Titles with an asterisk (*) are also available from our eBook collection, which you can see on our eBooks and audiobooks page.
Visit our All booklists page for more reading recommendations, or our Book groups page for everything you need for book groups.