It’s an event that’s guaranteed to set tails wagging… our first Pet Expo is coming to town!
On Saturday 17 November, you're invited to the Boroondara Farmers Market for a family (and pet!) fun day out.
If you have a furry, feathery or scaly friend in your household, the Pet Expo is your chance to learn all about caring for your pets, as well as meeting your neighbouring pet owners. You can enjoy:
- presentations, demonstrations and workshops on responsible pet ownership
- handy topics on dog obedience, preparing for a puppy, cat behaviour and pet nutrition
- tips and tricks from a range of animal experts
- pet registrations
- information on pet adoption
- free microchipping services
When: 8am to 1pm, Saturday 17 November 2018
Where: Boroondara Farmers Market, Patterson Reserve, Auburn Rd, Hawthorn East
Patterson Reserve is an on-leash reserve and all pets must be kept on leads. Entry is by gold-coin donation; all proceeds support community projects run by the Rotary Club of Glenferrie.
Did you know?
- Cavaliers are the most popular dog breed in Boroondara
- Our most popular pet names (for both cats and dogs) are Charlie, Max, Bella and Coco
- Nearly 20,000 dogs and cats are registered in Boroondara. The majority of registered dogs are male, while the majority of registered cats are female.
- All dogs and cats over three months of age must be microchipped and registered with their local council
- There are 45 designated off-leash areas for dogs in the municipality
- There are currently 37 guide dogs in training with the City of Boroondara.