The Gardiners Creek Master Plan was unanimously endorsed by Council on Monday 10 October 2022.
The final master plan incorporates feedback we received from our community during consultation on the draft Gardiners Creek Master Plan in mid-2022.
To improve our catchment and waterways, the master plan includes both broad and targeted initiatives, as well as major strategic and collaborative opportunities to achieve the overarching aims of:
- enhancing the rich and biodiverse area
- improving water quality and managing drainage with careful urban design
- identifying and reducing sources of pollutants and litter
- improving access and safety
- improving signage and how people get around the area, and
- recognising and celebrating Aboriginal histories, cultures and knowledges.
We are getting to work on planning when each of the actions in the master plan will be delivered. Actions will be implemented over the next 10 years, pending Council budget allocation and funding opportunities from the State and Federal Government.
To view the master plan and keep up to date about the implementation of actions, visit our Gardiners Creek Master Plan page. Select ‘Follow’ at the top of the page to receive updates via email.