Mother’s Day is coming up on Sunday 8 May, and there are plenty of ways to spoil your mum by shopping, dining and exploring locally.
If you’re looking for inspiration for the perfect gift or an experience you can enjoy together, there’s something that every mum will love.
- Visit one of our 53 local shopping precincts to hunt for the perfect gift – or buy a gift voucher so she can choose something herself.
- Head to Camberwell Sunday Market and Hawthorn Makers Market to find unique treasures.
- Check out the online Boroondara Arts Shop where you’ll find a beautiful range of locally produced artworks, books, homewares and stationery.
- Buy tickets to an upcoming performance at Hawthorn Arts Centre, like Paul Williamson: Northside Homegrown.
- Cook a homemade meal using fresh produce from Camberwell Fresh Food Market, Boroondara Farmers Market or a local providore.
- Book a table at your favourite local cafe, restaurant or bar.
- Have a picnic in one of our many beautiful parks and gardens.
- Head to Town Hall Gallery to immerse yourself in the latest exhibitions, including My Arts My Culture, The Intrigue of Images by Donald Bate, or Expanded Canvas.
- Unleash your inner artist at a workshop such as Abstract Colour Ink Painting or Art in the Park.
- Take a restorative stroll through the Maranoa Botanic Gardens and enjoy the stunning array of unique Australian flora.
Visit our Events page for a full list of upcoming events and experiences.
Visit Love Local Life to discover local businesses near you.