The COVIDSafe Business Concierge program aims to help local businesses comply with Victorian Chief Health Officer directions in an effort to keep our community safe and our economy open.
From Monday 2 August, 2 Business Concierge Officers will begin visiting Boroondara businesses to provide support, advice and resources to improve their COVIDSafe practices.
These officers will:
- provide one-on-one guidance based on Victorian Government advice
- answer questions
- work with businesses to help them meet the directions of the Victorian Chief Health Officer
- work to make sure staff and the wider community stay healthy and safe.
Steps for operating a COVIDSafe business include:
- Have a COVIDSafe plan. This is mandatory for all businesses and should be updated regularly. Download a free template.
- Use the free Victorian State Government (Service Victoria) QR Code app for customer check-in.
- Display posters or signage about COVIDSafe practices. Download posters from the Victorian Government coronavirus website. Multilingual business posters also available.
Useful links and information
- Preventing infection in the workplace – How to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections in the workplace, including best practices for cleaning and disinfecting.
- COVIDSafe Plan – Creating and maintaining a COVIDSafe Plan, including free infection control training.
- Confirmed case in the workplace – Steps to take when there is a confirmed case in the workplace.
- Record keeping for contact tracing – Information and advice for collecting contact details from staff and patrons.
- COVID-19 exposure sites in Victoria – Keep up to date with locations where you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Mental health in business – A free confidential one-on-one service providing support for small business owners and employees through trained wellbeing coaches, financial counsellors and business advisors.