Monday 11 June is the Queen's Birthday public holiday, and we would like to remind you that some of our services and centres may be closed or have different hours.
Household bin collections
Household waste, recyclables and green waste (area A) collections will be collected as per the usual Monday schedule. Please put your bins out as normal if your bin day is Monday 11 June.
Customer Service counters at Camberwell, Kew and Hawthorn will be closed on Monday 11 June. On these public holidays, calls to 9278 4444 will be automatically transferred to the emergency after-hours service. Contact us.
You'll still be able to access many of our services online though, including:
- making payments for building and planning permits, parking fines, Council invoices, business registrations, animal fines or rates
- booking a hard waste or green waste collection
- applying for a Residential Parking Permit
- renewing a Disabled Parking Permit
- renewing your pet registration.
All library branches are closed on Monday 11 June.
While the doors may be closed, the library never closes online.
Access our library services online to read journals or articles like ANZ Reference Centre Plus or ProQuest Research Library, access eBooks and audio books such as Overdrive, Bolinda Borrow Box or Storybox or even watch free films and documentaries via Beamafilm.
And you can always manage your library account or reserve items online anytime.
A number of our other services are not available on public holidays, including:
- Maternal and Child Health Services
- 360 Boroondara Youth Resource Centre
- Neighbourhood Houses
- Health, ageing and disability services (although replacement services may be available for shopping, respite and domestic assistance by request). To access health, ageing and disability services, see Community support.
Hawthorn Arts Centre, Town Hall Gallery and Kew Court House
Hawthorn Arts Centre, Town Hall Gallery and Kew Court House will be closed, and will reopen Tuesday 12 June. Second Empire Cafe at Hawthorn Arts Centre will also be closed.
Boroondara Waste and Recycling Centre
The Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre in Camberwell will be open. See what you can and can't drop off, and fees that apply.
Aquatic and leisure centres
For opening hours, see the individual recreation centre websites: