Over Easter and on Anzac Day, some of our services and centres may be affected or have different hours. Where times are different from usual, details are shown below.
The public holidays during this time are:
- Good Friday - 19 April
- Easter Saturday - 20 April
- Easter Sunday - 21 April
- Easter Monday - 22 April
- Anzac Day - Thursday 25 April.
Household bin collections
There will be no household waste, recycling and green waste collections on Good Friday 19 April. If your regular waste collection service falls on Good Friday this year, your collection will take place on Saturday 20 April 2019. Please put your bins out Friday evening.
No other dates are affected. Collections return to normal on Monday 22 April.
|Usual collection date||New collection date|
|Good Friday 19 April||Easter Saturday 20 April|
Our libraries are closed on public holidays, so they won’t be open on Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, nor on Anzac Day.
However, you can still access our online services over the break.
Customer Service counters at Camberwell, Kew and Hawthorn will be closed between Friday 19 April and Monday 22 April and on Thursday 25 April.
On these public holidays, calls to 9278 4444 will be automatically transferred to the emergency after-hours service.
You'll still be able to access many of our services online, including:
- Making payments for building and planning permits, parking fines, Council invoices, business registrations, animal fines or rates
- Booking a hard waste or green waste collection
- Applying for a Residents Parking Permit
- Renewing a Disabled Parking Permit
- Renewing your pet registration.
Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre
The centre is closed on Good Friday 19 April but will be open on every other day.
For information on what you can and can't drop off, and any fees that apply, see our Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre page.
Kew Depot and Recycling Drop-off Centre
Kew Depot is closed on public holidays so will be closed from Good Friday until Easter Monday and on Anzac Day.
Hawthorn Arts Centre and Town Hall Gallery
Maternal and Child Health Services
Our services are open all weekdays by appointment only, except on public holidays. Newborn babies will be home visited. To make an appointment, see our Maternal and Child Health service page.
You can also contact the 24-hour Maternal & Child Health Advisory service on 13 22 29.
Health, Ageing and Disability services
- Health, ageing and disability: open all days except public holidays. No services on public holidays, except personal care.
- Shopping services: replacement services will be made around the public holidays.
- Domestic assistance: replacement services will be made by request only.
- Respite: replacement services can be requested but are subject to available resources.
To find out more about our health, ageing and disability services, see our Aged Care Services page.
Aquatic and leisure centres
For opening hours, please see the individual recreation centre websites:
- Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre
- Boroondara Sports Complex
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre
- Kew Recreation Centre.
360 Boroondara Youth Resource Centre
The youth centre will be closed over the Easter long weekend and on Anzac Day.
Meals on Wheels
This service is closed on the public holidays. Meals for those days will be delivered on the preceding weekdays. To apply for Meals on Wheels or other food services, see our food services page.