Starting Monday 8 May, we’re improving Burke Avenue and the adjacent car park in Camberwell, to make it a more comfortable space for all users.
These works are expected to take 10 weeks, depending on weather conditions.
During construction, Burke Avenue and the car park will be closed to vehicles. However, vehicle access to the multi-deck car park (west of Camberwell Grove) and The Well car park (east of Camberwell Grove) will be maintained.
While vehicles will not be able to access the car parks in the vicinity via Burke Avenue, access will remain off Harold Street, Camberwell Grove and Camberwell Road.
Pedestrian access will be maintained clear of construction works and businesses will be trading as normal.
Works taking place will bring the following improvements:
- Reconfiguration of the car park to allow more efficient use of space.
- Creation of two shaded seating areas.
- Pedestrian connections including zebra crossings.
- Retention of mature trees where possible and planting of new trees.
- Improved lighting, seating, landscaping and bicycle parking.
For more information on this project, contact Bhushan Jani, Senior Transport Engineer on 9278 4518 or [email protected].