Volunteering is a fantastic way to meet new people in the community, support local organisations and not-for-profits, and build up your own skills and experience in the process.
To help the community understand more about the many opportunities that volunteering provides, the Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is hosting the 2023 Boroondara Volunteer Expo on Wednesday 22 March.
The Expo will take place from 1 pm to 6 pm at the Hawthorn Arts Centre, and host over 40 exhibitors from a variety of sectors and causes. We now also have a list of organisations who will be there on the day, so make sure to take a look!
What’s on offer
Come along to discover how your skills or experience can make a meaningful contribution to the community, in areas such as:
- teaching and mentoring
- joining a not-for-profit board
- providing social support to people in aged care.
A word from an award-winning volunteer
Jenny Cash was the recipient of our 2022 Volunteer of the Year Award and has this to say about her experience of volunteering:
“The social aspect of volunteering is plain to see – for both the volunteers themselves, and the people we’re helping too. It gives people the opportunity to stay involved, engaged and stay socially linked to their community.”
Read more about Jenny’s work by visiting our 2023 Volunteer Award winners page.
Organisations exhibiting at the expo
Aged and Disability Services
Balwyn Evergreen Centre
- City of Boroondara - Active Ageing
- Eva Tilley Memorial Home
- Melbourne East Disability Advocacy
- OC Connections
- Office of the Public Advocate
- Samarinda Ashburton Aged Services
- Special Olympics - Melbourne Inner East Club
- Uniting AgeWell.
Arts and Culture
- City of Boroondara - Arts
- City of Boroondara - Eisteddfod
- Puffing Billy Railway
- Friends of Boroondara (Kew) Cemetery.
Environment and Recreation
- Friends of South Surrey Park
- Hawthorn Amateur Football Club
- Keep Australia Beautiful Victoria
- Lighter Footprints.
Young People and Family Services
- City of Boroondara - Youth
- Girl Guides Victoria - Boroondara District
- The Boroondara Family Network
- You Matter.
Health and Community Services
- Access Health and Community
- Boroondara Neighbourhood Watch
- Chinese Cancer and Chronic Illness Society of Victoria
- Epworth HealthCare
- Jesuit Social Services
- Louise Multicultural Community Centre
- Neighbourhood Houses Boroondara
- North Richmond Community Health
- Rotary Club of Camberwell
- Rotary Club of Kew - Fair Trade and Gift Shop
- Stonnington Community Assist
- Thorne Harbour Health
- Thursday Girls Group
Social Support and Training
- Boroondara Stroke Support Group
- Chatty Café Scheme Australia
- City of Boroondara - L2P Program
- each - Chinese Peer Connection
- Friends for Good
- Hawthorn Men's Shed
- Melbourne AMEP Volunteer Tutor Scheme
- The Compassionate Friends Victoria
- Wellways Australia - Life in Community.
Come along and find out more
The 2023 Boroondara Volunteer Expo is open to the public, free to attend, and we can’t wait to see you then. There’s no need to book a place – just come along!
For more information about the Boroondara Volunteer Expo, or to enquire about volunteering opportunities, contact the Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre by emailing [email protected] or call us on (03) 9278 4550.