Design drawings detailing the upcoming works to realign the Anniversary Trail between Riversdale Road and Prospect Hill Road at Riversdale Park, Camberwell are now available to download.
Key features of the design include:
- Construction of a new 3.0m wide shared path between the rear of Spencer Road properties and the East Camberwell Tennis Club and Camberwell High School. In terms of material, the path will be constructed in grey coloured concrete.
- Widening and reconstruction of the existing shared path in Riversdale Park to current standards. This path will be constructed in asphalt with concrete edging and to a new standard 3.0m width.
- A pedestrian path for tennis club patrons next to the new shared path separated by a relocated tennis club boundary fence.
- Relocation of the existing car park in Riversdale Park further west and replacement of the existing car park with open space.
- Closing of the existing vehicle access point at the Spencer Road / Riversdale Road intersection to vehicular traffic and a new vehicle access to be constructed further north in Spencer Road.
- Removal of vegetation and trees as approved by Council.
- Planting of additional trees and vegetation.
- Retaining the trees at the rear of 2 Spencer Road within the Tennis Club grounds by constructing the path east of the trees.
- Landscaping and garden beds at the new vehicle access point in Spencer Road and at the new car park.
- Lighting for the shared path and the car park in line with standards. The shared path along the rear of the Spencer Road properties will have hand rail lighting installed at an approximate height of 0.9m from the path surface to avoid any light spill into private properties.
For help with interpreting these plans, please contact our Transport Management team on 9278 4518.