On Monday 25 June, Council approved the Revised Council Plan 2017-21 and the Budget 2018-19. This is the first Plan and Budget to deliver the Boroondara Community Plan, a ten-year roadmap for how we will work with our residents to achieve the community’s priorities.
It is Council’s role and responsibility to shape a municipality which aligns with current and future community needs and aspirations, delivering what our residents have told us is important to them.
Our approved Council Plan is a four-year strategy to address our community’s immediate needs and answers to the seven key priorities our community informed us were important in the Boroondara Community Plan.
In this year’s budget, Council will continue to provide more than 150 services to people who live, work and enjoy life in Boroondara.
Significant construction projects in the 2018-19 Budget include:
- $58 million to redevelop the Kew Recreation Centre, to be completed in 2021-22
- $7.7 million to redevelop the Balwyn Community Centre, to be completed in 2018-19
- $7.97 million to redevelop the Ashburton Seniors Centre, scheduled to be completed in 2019-20
- $7.01 million for a new community centre for Camberwell, to be completed 2019-20, and
- $10.65 million for improved facilities for a range of needed, local services in Canterbury to be completed in 2020-21.
I am proud of this Council Plan and Budget, which will enable Council to deliver residents’ priorities and continue to provide the services and infrastructure that contribute to Boroondara being a highly desirable place to live.
See how our approved Council Plan will address the community’s key priorities.