Enjoy upgrades to your libraries
If you are visiting one of our libraries in the coming weeks you may notice some innovations that will improve your experience as a library user.
We are refreshing computers and other equipment, including:
- our public computers
- self-serve kiosks
- upgrading the system to book a public computer
- upgrading software that manages printing, copying and scanning in our libraries.
Before the end of 2019, we will have new self-service kiosks installed for borrowing library items and computer screens that will display items so you can see each book as it moves through the returns chute. These changes will make borrowing and returning books much easier and allow you to conveniently manage your library membership and transactions.
Following the upgrade of new equipment we will continue to introduce improvements to offer you the best experience across our 6 libraries.
Access over 30,000 films and TV series for free
Boroondara Library Service is now providing members access to a free, diverse catalogue of films and TV shows through streaming platform, Kanopy.
Kanopy features over 30,000 titles including documentaries, a selection of Cannes film festival films, educational content, popular Australian movies and world cinema titles. There’s also a separate selection of children’s content, Kanopy Kids, which showcases a range of helpful categories like Story Time, TV Series and Classic Tales, as well as educational documentaries.
There is a limit of 10 movies per month, but Boroondara Library Service members have unlimited access to television series.
How to use Kanopy
- Open Kanopy on your preferred digital device:
• download the app and watch from your tablet or smart phone
• stream on your desktop web browser
• view from your smart TV web browser or connect your device to your television with Apple TV, Google Chromecast or a HDMI cable.
- Log in with your membership card details.
- Browse the collection and watch your favourite TV shows and films.