Our handy range of digital services and collections are here to make your life easier. We are excited to announce that several resources that were previously available only in our libraries can now be accessed online in the comfort of your own home. New online resources include:
The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Australian Financial Review can now be accessed online using your Boroondara Library Service membership.
You can access these newspapers from any location, at any time, using your internet-enabled device such as your smart phone or PC.
Ancestry Library Edition
Ancestry is Australia and New Zealand’s leading family history website offering members access to one billion searchable Australian, New Zealand and UK family history records. It is also the world’s largest online family history resource with millions of images in more than 7,000 unique databases. Explore census records, court and legal documents, immigration records, military records, directories, photos and more.
... handy new resources and popular old favourites are available online …
Access all your usual favourites for free:
- download eBooks and audio books using the Libby and Borrow Box apps (with a library membership)
- earn new skills from app development to business management with Lynda
- stream movies and series for the whole family via Kanopy and Beamafilm
- listen to your favourite music on Freegal
- practise a new language using Transparent Language Online
- read digital magazines and newspapers on RB Digital and Press Reader
- research or do some professional reading with ProQuest and EBSCO
- watch picture books read aloud with Story Box Library or animated on Kanopy Kids