Help build a stronger and safer Boroondara
In October we celebrate Community Safety Month and we are hosting a range of interactive events and information sessions that highlight how we can work together to keep our community safe.
Top tips to protect your property
Our community’s safety and wellbeing is our priority. Here are our top tips and preventative measures for keeping yourself, your family and friends safe:
- Ensure all your doors and windows are locked at home.
- Lock your mailbox to prevent theft of personal documents and arrange a friend to collect your mail when you're on holiday.
- If you have tools in a lockbox in your car or garage, keep them locked away so they can't be stolen or used to gain entry into your home.
- Take valuables with you when leaving your car, or remove them from view.
- Don’t leave your valuables in view and unattended when you are in a public space.