The City of Boroondara’s 2021-22 Annual Report is ready for you to read on our website.
The report shares the progress we’ve made this year towards achieving our strategic objectives, set out in the Boroondara Community Plan 2021-31. The plan guides everything we do and ensures we continue to deliver on the 7 priority themes you’ve told us are most important to you.
This year’s Annual Report shares highlight case studies that include the delivery of our Reconciliation Strategy, Climate Action Plan, Glen Iris Heritage Gap Study, and the extension of outdoor dining opportunities.
In 2021–22, we continued to deliver many vital services to support our community. The Annual Report gives a comprehensive update and includes the improvements our ‘Transforming Boroondara’ program has delivered to enhance customer service.
We are committed to making our information and services available to everyone. Our new-look Annual Report is fully accessible and we are providing an online version that is edited and simplified for web.
You can read the latest Annual Report on our Annual Report 2021–22 page.
Fast facts in the City of Boroondara in 2021–22
- 1.88 million library items were borrowed
- 1.35 million visits were made to Boroondara’s leisure and aquatic centres
- 181,991 phone calls were answered by Customer Connect
- 64,053 tonnes of waste was collected from kerbside bins, with 72% of this material diverted from landfill
- 701 new trees were planted
- 208 groups received Council community grants.