Last year we began community consultation to develop our new Climate Action Plan (CAP), to define Boroondara's environmental sustainability direction for the next decade.
During the first round of consultation we heard strong support for the development of this plan. We learnt more about your sustainable behaviours and ambitions, and you helped us identify priority areas based on what you want to do or see more of, including:
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy – 89 per cent said very/fairly important
- Sustainable water use and healthy waterways – 89 per cent said very/fairly important
- Waste management and recycling – 83 per cent said very/fairly important
- Protecting and enhancing biodiversity – 80 per cent said very/fairly important
- Sustainable community transport – 75 per cent said very/fairly important.
Our second round of community consultation will ensure we have heard your feedback correctly, and provide an opportunity to explore further ideas for inclusion in the draft plan.
To find out more about how you can participate in this second round of consultation, and to see more findings from the first round, head to our CAP webpage for the latest details.
Together, we can all contribute to a more sustainable Boroondara.
Visit our Climate Action Plan page for more information.