Council is exploring additional short-term and long-term car-parking spaces as part of the Australian Government’s Urban Congestion Fund. These proposed additional spaces are located near Camberwell, Canterbury and Glenferrie train stations.
The proposal involves creating additional car-parking spaces at existing Council-owned car parks. We have identified suitable locations for these spaces near each train station:
- Camberwell – around 90 additional car-parking spaces on top of the existing Junction West multi-level car park, located behind the Camberwell Shopping Centre (formerly The Well) between Camberwell Rd and Harold St.
- Canterbury – a new car-parking facility of around 200 spaces at the existing Wattle Valley car park, retaining surface-level parking and adding two levels of underground parking.
- Glenferrie – a new car-parking facility of around 490 spaces at the existing Liddiard St car park in Hawthorn.
These proposed additional car-parking spaces will:
- support community members who want to commute by train, tram or bus
- support visitors keen to shop, dine and explore each area
- improve amenity and access to existing Council-owned car parks.
Have your say
Community consultation on the proposed additional car-parking spaces for each location is now underway. We welcome your feedback before 12 noon, Thursday 10 February 2022.
Your feedback will help us develop reports for Council to consider before further discussions with the Australian Government are undertaken about the funding offers for each area.
To learn more and have your say before Thursday 10 February, visit Engage Boroondara.