Shop local at 'Love local life' website
It’s now easier than ever to shop and support the wide array of businesses that call Boroondara home with the Love Local Life directory. Connect with and explore the online directory to help you discover unique local businesses, learn more about their personal stories and tap into great products and services available just around the corner. By supporting our local businesses, we can help keep our neighbourhoods vibrant, now and in the future. Love local, live local, shop local whenever you can.
Stay safe in the heat this summer
Extreme heat can affect everyone, and can cause illnesses that can lead to life-threatening conditions. Here are some tips to keep yourself and those around you safe during the hottest months of the year:
- Drink plenty of water and provide water for those in your care
- Never leave children, adults or pets in cars
- Stay somewhere cool and keep your home as cool as possible
- Plan ahead and keep up to date with weather forecasts
- Check in on others and look after those most at risk in the heat – your neighbour living alone, older people, young children, people with a medical condition and your pets. If you or anyone you know feels unwell on a hot day call NURSE-ON-CALL on 1300 60 60 24, or call 000 in an emergency.
For more tips and information visit Better Health survive the heat.
Passionate and motivated young people wanted!
We’re looking for young people to join Council’s advisory group, Youth Voice, which helps shape Council’s support and engagement with young people aged 10 to 25.
This is a fantastic opportunity for young people to
- build leadership skills
- develop social networks
- represent their peers.
If you know a young person who works, lives or goes to school in Boroondara, we want to hear from them.
If you haven’t done so yet, you have until
- Monday 15 February, if you have chosen to pay your rates in full, or
- Sunday 28 February, if you’ve opted to pay in quarterly instalments, your third instalment is due.
There are a number of convenient ways to pay your rates. All payment methods are detailed on your rates notice and on our website. If you are experiencing financial hardship please contact us to discuss options for a rate deferment or to make a special payment arrangement.
Parking limits reinstated
From Monday 11 January 2021, parking limits have been reinstated across residential areas and time restricted zones near:
- hospitals and medical centres
- Centrelink offices
- shopping centre car parks.
Paid ticket machines have been reactivated and trader (business) parking permits reintroduced.
Help shape your community
Since December 2020, more than 4,000 people provided feedback on what was important to them, their family and their community now and in the future.
You will attend two to three workshops in March and April 2021 to consider how we will meet our community’s needs based on the feedback we received.