We recently launched Boroondara Families, a new section of our website.
Developed in collaboration with the community, Boroondara Families is the result of comprehensive research around what is most important to local parents and care givers when it comes to raising children from birth to eight years.
One example of the support you can find is our kindergarten calculator tool that shows when your child can start kindergarten based on their date of birth, and prompts you about important kindergarten dates.
May Liao of Kew East (pictured right) said that if it’s your first child, or you’ve only been through the childcare system, the kindergarten enrolment process can be really daunting for new parents.
“All of the information you need is now really easy to find and navigate on Boroondara Families,” May said.
Boroondara Families also provides you with information on specific services provided by Council like breastfeeding clinics and parent information sessions.
“Once I was in the Boroondara Families section of the Council’s website I found many different services I wouldn’t have thought to look for, such as children’s activities to do at home. It is a great resource to help you find out what’s on offer,” May said.
Whether you are expecting a baby, researching childcare or kindergarten options, or looking for local events, you can find age-appropriate information, services and activities for children from birth to eight years on Boroondara Families.
Boroondara Families helps you:
- View clear and simple information about how kindergarten works, then use our calculator to find out when your child can start kindergarten based on their date of birth. You can also add important kindergarten dates to your device’s calendar.
- Browse our searchable database of local children’s activities that can be filtered by age range and activity type.
- Use our custom-built tool to find out what immunisations your child needs, and when they need to get them. You can also add these important dates to your device’s calendar in a few easy clicks.
- Discover in-depth information about local childcare and kindergartens, without needing to leave our website.
- Browse our resources to help navigate the challenges of parenting including ‘age and stage’ information.
During this difficult time, you can use Boroondara Families to find activities to do at home, as well as information and support.
For more information, visit Boroondara Families.