Your rates go towards providing high-quality services and facilities for our community.
For every $100 of expenditure, we deliver the following services:
- Capital works and priority projects: $39.83
- Environment and waste management: $12.45
- Health, aged, community and family services: $10.09
- Parks, gardens and sports grounds: $8.99
- Library, arts and cultural services: $6.02
- Planning and building: $4.98
- Local laws enforcement: $4.62
- Roads, footpaths, safety and drainage: $3.89
- Communications and customer service: $3.35
- Engineering and traffic management: $2.09
- Rates and property services: $1.59
- Leisure, recreation and civic centres: $1.58 (excludes operating expenditure for 5 externally managed recreation centres)
- Economic development: $0.52
These figures include an allocation of corporate services, governance, risk management, building maintenance and public lighting across these service areas.
Receive your rates notice by email
You can sign up to receive your rates notices electronically. It will help us to create a more sustainable future and allow you to self-manage notices for all your properties.
Payments can be made in instalments or in one lump sum.
You will receive a 2 percent discount on the ‘Council rates and charges’ component if you pay in full by Tuesday 15 September 2020.
If you opt to pay your rates in full at a later date without the discount, payment is due by Monday 15 February 2021.
If you opt to pay your rates in four instalments, the due dates are:
- Wednesday 30 September 2020
- Monday 30 November 2020
- Sunday 28 February 2021
- Monday 31 May 2021
There are a number of convenient ways to pay your rates. All payment methods are detailed in your rates notice and on our website at Pay your rates.
For more information call 9278 4444.