It’s been almost a year since we first introduced our Food Organics and Garden Organics (FOGO) collection service, and together we are now diverting more than 70 per cent of waste from landfill – including more than 235 tonnes of food and garden waste (or 25 waste truck loads) each week thanks to the incredible effort of our residents
We know many of you are starting to run low on compostable kitchen caddy liners, so we’ve put together this handy guide to help you find and buy the correct liners. Remember, you can also choose to use newspaper or paper towels to line your caddy, or simply use no liners at all.
Only liners which meet all the following mandatory requirements can be used:
- lime/light green in colour only
- made from 100 per cent corn starch
- labelled as ‘compostable’
- display both AS4736 and AS5810 symbols.
You can purchase approved compostable caddy liners from various suppliers, including supermarkets, hardware stores and online. Some examples include:
- 8 Litre Compost-A-Pak® Liners – available from Compost-A-Pak or Woolworths supermarket (these are supplied in your FOGO starter pack)
- Multix Greener Mini Plant Based Compostable Bags – available at Woolworths
- BioBag 8L Rolls – available from BioBag online
- Maze 9L Slim Compostable Bags – available at Bunnings Warehouse
- Cardia Compostable 8 Litre Kitchen Tidy Bags – available from Cardia Bioproducts.
Special offer – Council-issued liners
Receive one complimentary roll of FOGO bin liners per household on presentation of the token found exclusively in the print edition of the April 2021 Boroondara Bulletin.
If you have not received a copy by Monday 12 April or have opted out of receiving the print Bulletin, please contact us on 9278 4444 or email [email protected] so we can assist.
Liner rolls are available for collection from Monday 29 March 2021 until Tuesday 29 June 2021.
Present your collection token at one of the following locations to claim your liners: