While visiting your local shopping centre it may have been hard to ignore our new Service Crew dressed in eye-catching fluoro orange.
The conspicuous new crew members have become regular visitors to our shopping centres since last November doing activities such as on-the-spot repairs and removing graffiti, chewing gum and weeds in a bid to make our shopping centres more attractive.
The initiative to improve the way we take care of our shopping centres has been a welcome complement to the current shopping centre maintenance program by offering more immediate service for traders and shoppers.
What our Service Crew is doing:
- cleaning bins outside and inside
- pressure washing pathways and laneways
- removing chewing gum off street furniture and footpaths
- conducting safety audits on footpaths
- checking the health of street trees
- weed spraying around posts, fences and footpaths
- removing graffiti from street furniture, street signs and hydrants
- removing illegal posters
- spray painting bollards and posts
- picking up litter along strips, car parks and garden beds
- sweeping up debris caught in gutters and under bins
- straightening up signs, posts and bins.
The devoted crew has proved to be a big hit with shoppers, traders and visitors.
I’ve been a Boroondara resident for 35 years. I think it’s an excellent idea - Peter, Boroondara local
This is a great and much needed service, and a fantastic initiative from the City of Boroondara - Greythorn Amcal Pharmacy
I think they keep the streets nice and clean, we’ve been really happy with them - Hairhouse, Camberwell