The City of Boroondara has developed a Shopping Centre Improvement Plan, which identifies streetscape improvement opportunities at 42 shopping centres across the municipality.
Council is pleased to advise that Rathmines and Burke Shopping Strip is the next place to be considered for improvements.
We are now seeking your feedback on the draft concept plan to inform our future works at the Rathmines and Burke Shopping Strip.
These improvements will enhance the shopping strip’s appearance and create an attractive, functional and pedestrian-friendly environment.
Proposed features include:
- new planting including climber frames along Burke Road, trees and groundcovers
- new street furniture - seats, bins and bicycle hoops
- new paving - renewed asphalt and feature bluestone and red brick
- new pram ramps at road crossings.
Your feedback is important
You are invited to give your feedback until Monday 8 April 2019 via:
- Email: [email protected]
- Post: Environment and Sustainable Living, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
The proposed works are scheduled for implementation in the 2019-20 financial year and are subject to further detailed design, funding availability and the outcomes of this consultation.