Thank you to everyone who provided input on Council’s draft Parking Management Policy and Parking Management Procedures.
When it comes to parking, there are many competing demands from different community members, all of whose needs and views Council must consider. Your feedback provided us with some valuable insights and assisted us in finalising our approach to managing parking in our City.
The people who responded represented a good range of age groups, suburbs and interests. More than 80 per cent were Boroondara residents, with local workers, traders, shoppers, students and visitors also taking part.
The majority of respondents supported Council’s proposed key policy changes, which are:
- community engagement for parking proposals
- community engagement approach regarding parking concerns
- implementing parking management measures on a street or area-wide basis
- implementing parking management measures on one or both sides of a street
- process for investigating parking concerns
- community support level required for changes to parking.
With ongoing pressure on the finite public parking resources in Boroondara, the new Parking Management Policy and Parking Management Procedures will help ensure that the decisions we make balance the needs of stakeholders, while protecting our City’s liveability and amenity.
Of course, we welcome feedback and ideas from the community at any time.
|May - June 2017||Community feedback on the draft Parking Management Policy and Parking Management Procedures|
|November 2017||Council endorsed Parking Management Policy and Parking Management Procedures 2017|
For more information, please contact Traffic and Transport, on 9278 4549 or [email protected]