The Kew Recreation Centre will soon undergo a major redevelopment that will see it transform into a state of the art facility suitable for all stages of life, which will cater to a wide range of health and wellbeing needs where everyone will be welcome.
The benefits of this new centre include:
- increased opportunities to engage in physical activity and recreation
- improved access for people with a disability, young people, older adults and community groups
- upgraded facilities to meet growing community need
Why the project is needed
The existing facility is in poor condition, poorly located within the site and no longer meets community expectations.
Compared to Boroondara as a whole, the north-west precinct, (Kew and Kew East), where the Kew Recreation Centre is situated, has a higher proportion of older adults, people with disability and households with children than the rest of Boroondara.
With a predicted growth of around 1,530 dwellings in the north-west precinct by 2027, these numbers are projected to increase.
Your feedback is important
To learn more about this exciting project and to have your say, please complete the online survey by Friday 14 September or join us in a community consultation session at Kew Recreation Centre:
- Tuesday 21 August, 2pm-3:30pm
- Saturday 25 August, 11:30am-1pm
- Wednesday 29 August, 7pm-8:30pm.
To join us at a community consultation please register your attendance.
For further information or to submit any queries, please email Sam Taylor at [email protected]