We are considering making 3 new policies:
- Governance Rules
- Councillor and Member of a delegated committee Expenses Policy
- Public Transparency Policy
Proposed Governance Rules Policy
We are required to adopt and apply Governance Rules which describe the way we will conduct Council meetings and make decisions.
The Governance Rules also includes Council’s Election Period Policy.
The proposed Governance Rules are designed to ensure good governance by Council through the performance of its role in accordance with the overarching governance principles and supporting principles in the Local Government Act 2020.
Proposed Councillor and Member of a delegated committee Expenses Policy
We are required to adopt a Councillor and Member of a delegated committee Expenses Policy.
The proposed Policy provides for the reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses for councillors and members of a delegated committee.
- specifies procedures to be followed in applying for reimbursement and in reimbursing expenses
- provides for the reimbursement of child care costs where the provision of child care is reasonably required for a Councillor or member of a delegated committee to perform their role, with particular regard to expenses incurred by a Councillor who is a carer in a care relationship
Proposed Public Transparency Policy
We are required to adopt a Public Transparency Policy.
- gives effect to the public transparency principles in the Act
- describes the ways in which Council information is to be made publicly available
- specifies which Council information must be publicly available, including all required policies, plans and reports
Your feedback is important
You are invited to provide feedback until 6 August 2020.
Submissions should be addressed to Manager Governance. You can submit your feedback via:
- mail to Boroondara City Council, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
- email at [email protected].
Any person making a submission is entitled to request (in the submission itself) to be heard in support of the submission by appearing before a meeting of a Council committee (either personally or by a person acting on his or her behalf). In that event. the person will be notified of the date and time of the hearing.
For more information about the proposed policies, contact David Thompson, Manager Governance on 9278 4470.