We are proposing to improve various sporting assets at Macleay Park including:
- Oval reconstruction - Oval 1 (D.S. Bull)
- Installation of a new electronic scoreboard - Oval 1 (D.S. Bull)
- LED globe replacement of existing lights - Oval 2
These upgrades will improve public safety and provide high quality facilities to meet the needs of the community now and into the future.
Macleay Park Oval 1 (D.S. Bull) reconstruction includes:
- Installation of a new irrigation system on the oval
- Upgrading the oval drainage system
- Replacing the soil profile in order to level the playing surface at the north end of the oval
- Laying new turf on the oval
- Moving the existing storage shed approximately 2 metres west of its current location
- Replacing the turf cricket table
- Replacing the fencing around the ground and ground access points will remain the same.
Details for the electronic scoreboard include:
- New electronic scoreboard proposed to be installed on the north east side of the oval away from residential houses (refer to image below for indicative location)
- The proposed scoreboard is LED full colour and is 3.2 metres wide x 5 metres high
- The structure of the proposed scoreboard will be steel (galvanised and 2 pack painted) and designed to engineers specifications.
LED globe replacement project
We are upgrading the existing sportsground training light globes to LED lighting at Macleay Park - Oval 2 (existing poles will remain, only the globes will be replaced). This installation will provide the community with energy efficient and environmental friendly LED lighting that will:
- Support training of existing sporting clubs at the ground
- Enhance passive recreation opportunities for casual park users
- Direct light spill to the playing surface, away from residences
- Reduce energy usage.
Your feedback is important
We are inviting you to provide feedback on the proposed upgrades.
You can also call us and complete the survey over the phone.