After careful consideration of all feedback received, we will proceed with the:
- Macleay Park Oval 1 (D.S. Bull) sportsground reconstruction
- installation of an electronic scoreboard
- LED globe replacement of existing lights (Oval 2) at Macleay Park.
These upgrades will improve public safety and provide high quality facilities to meet the needs of the community now and into the future.
Macleay Park Oval 1 (D.S. Bull) reconstruction includes:
- Installation of a new irrigation system on the oval
- Upgrading the oval drainage system
- Replacing the soil profile in order to level the playing surface at the north end of the oval
- Laying new turf on the oval
- Moving the existing storage shed approximately 2 metres west of its current location
- Replacing the turf cricket table
- Replacing the fencing around the ground and ground access points will remain the same.
Details for the electronic scoreboard include:
- New electronic scoreboard proposed to be installed on the north east side of the oval away from residential houses (refer to image below for indicative location)
- The proposed scoreboard is LED full colour and is 3.2 metres wide x 5 metres high
- The structure of the proposed scoreboard will be steel (galvanised and 2 pack painted) and designed to engineers specifications.
LED globe replacement project
We are upgrading the existing sportsground training light globes to LED lighting at Macleay Park - Oval 2 (existing poles will remain, only the globes will be replaced). This installation will provide the community with energy efficient and environmental friendly LED lighting that will:
- Support training of existing sporting clubs at the ground
- Enhance passive recreation opportunities for casual park users
- Direct light spill to the playing surface, away from residences
- Reduce energy usage.
Your feedback is important
We are inviting you to provide feedback on the proposed upgrades.
You can also call us and complete the survey over the phone.