The City of Boroondara has developed a Shopping Centre Improvement Plan, which identifies streetscape improvement opportunities at 42 shopping centres across the municipality.
Council is pleased to advise that Greythorn Shopping Centre is the next centre to be considered for improvements.
These improvements are intended to enhance the shopping centre’s appearance and character and create a safe, functional and pedestrian-friendly environment. In turn, the local economy will benefit as more shoppers visit the area.
The draft concept plan aims to:
- Showcase the heritage character of Greythorn by using attractive and appropriate signage, materials, furniture and plants.
- Minor modification to the angled parking along Doncaster Road to enable widening the adjacent footpath.
- Increase pedestrian safety and amenity by creating raised pedestrian crossings and a widened path in key locations.
- Improve streetscape appearance and deter graffiti by potentially commissioning a mural for the side of the toilets at Centre Way.
- Enhance the precinct’s amenity and encourage longer visits with additional trees and garden beds, feature paving and more seating.
We are now seeking your feedback on the draft concept plan to inform our future works at Greythorn Shopping Centre.
Your feedback is important
You are invited to give your feedback until Monday 16 April 2018 via:
Email: [email protected]
Post: Environment and Sustainable Living, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
In person: at an on-site public engagement session on Saturday 24 March, 1.30pm to 3.30pm, at the Lemonade Cart, Greythorn Shopping Centre
The proposed works are scheduled for implementation in the 2018-19 financial year and are subject to further detail design, funding availability and the outcomes of this consultation.
Please contact Sue Godfrey, Senior Landscape Architect or Nathan Milesi, Coordinator Landscape and Design on 9278 4066 or email [email protected]
For further information please visit Improving Shopping Streetscapes.