We have developed a Shopping Centre Improvement Plan, which identifies streetscape improvement opportunities at 42 shopping centres across the municipality.
We are pleased to advise that Camberwell’s Highfield Road Shopping Centre is the next centre to be considered for improvements.
We now seek your feedback on the draft concept plan to inform our future works.
The improvements are intended to enhance the shopping centre’s appearance and character and create a safe, functional and pedestrian-friendly environment. It is anticipated these measures will improve user satisfaction and support local businesses by creating an attractive setting for customers to enjoy.
The draft concept plan aims to:
- create opportunities for longer stays with public spaces for sitting, relaxing and outdoor eating
- enhance the green, leafy character and streetscape appearance with new plantings and the use of consistent materials and street furniture
- improve pedestrian amenity with new footpath surfaces, furniture and shade from trees.
To create these new public spaces and garden beds, it is proposed to widen the footpath in some sections of the shopping centre.
There will be no change to the current number of car parks.
Download the draft concept plan
Your feedback is important
The community consultation is open until Sunday 15th December 2019.
You are invited to give your feedback:
- via email: [email protected]
- by post: Environment and Sustainable Living, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
- in person: at an on-site public engagement session on Wednesday 4th December, between 3:00pm to 4:30pm, at the Highfield Road shops, outside 128 Highfield Road, Camberwell (outside the Chinese Medicine business).
The proposed works are scheduled for implementation in the 2020/21 financial year and are subject to further detailed design, funding availability and the outcomes of this consultation.