Reporting on your feedback
Officers have reviewed the feedback received and prepared a report for Council’s consideration at the Services Special Committee meeting on 20 May 2019.
Following the Special Services Committee meeting, Officers will prepare a further report to be presented at the Ordinary Council meeting scheduled for 22 July 2019. A copy of the report will be available for public review by close of business Friday 12 July 2019. The purpose of this report is for Council to consider all feedback received and to make a decision on whether the project is to proceed or not. Residents who submitted feedback during the consultation will be notified once the report is available.
If you would like to be kept informed about the progress of this project, please sign up to our mailing list.
View the concept plan
Details of the dog park pilot
Part of Fritsch Holzer Park has been identified as the preferred site to pilot the development of Boroondara’s first dedicated dog park.
The entire park is to retain its dog off-leash designation.
Fritsch Holzer Park is currently segmented into a mix of grass areas, a sportsground and wetland area, and is surrounded by a network of gravel pathways. The proposed site for the dog park pilot sits within the middle of the park and is encircled on three sides by low mounds planted out with trees and shrubs.
Existing benefits of this site include:
- high use site by dog owners
- existing amenities including toilet, seating and shelters
- extensive existing natural vegetation buffers
- existing circulation pathways
- proximity from busy roads.
Key features of the design include:
- dog nature play - balancing logs and rocks and a dog sand pit
- dog bag dispenser, signage and bins
- shelter/meeting place including seating and a picnic table
- accessible drink fountain with bottle refill and dog bowl
- open grassed area for active play
- irrigation to protect grass surface
- 1.5m high fully enclosed fence with multiple entries
- shade trees
- additional path connections
Frequently asked questions
For more information about this pilot, read these helpful FAQs.