Reporting on your feedback
Council Officers have reviewed the feedback received during the February 2019 consultation and prepared a report which was considered by Council at the Services Special Committee meeting on 20 May 2019.
Following the Special Services Committee meeting, Officers prepared a further report for presentation at the Ordinary Council meeting scheduled for 6.30pm, 22 July 2019. A copy of the report is available at Council Meeting - 22 July 2019.
The purpose of this report is for Council to consider all feedback received and to make a decision on whether or not the dedicated dog park and shared path proposal will proceed at Fritsch Holzer Park.
You are welcome to attend the meeting. Please note, if you would like to ask a question during public question time, you will need to submit this question prior to the meeting. For information on submitting a question, see Public question time.
If you would like to be kept informed about the progress of this project, please sign up to our mailing list.
View the concept plan
Details of the dog park pilot
Part of Fritsch Holzer Park has been identified as the preferred site to pilot the development of Boroondara’s first dedicated dog park.
The entire park is to retain its dog off-leash designation.
Fritsch Holzer Park is currently segmented into a mix of grass areas, a sportsground and wetland area, and is surrounded by a network of gravel pathways. The proposed site for the dog park pilot sits within the middle of the park and is encircled on three sides by low mounds planted out with trees and shrubs.
Existing benefits of this site include:
- high use site by dog owners
- existing amenities including toilet, seating and shelters
- extensive existing natural vegetation buffers
- existing circulation pathways
- proximity from busy roads.
Key features of the design include:
- dog nature play - balancing logs and rocks and a dog sand pit
- dog bag dispenser, signage and bins
- shelter/meeting place including seating and a picnic table
- accessible drink fountain with bottle refill and dog bowl
- open grassed area for active play
- irrigation to protect grass surface
- 1.5m high fully enclosed fence with multiple entries
- shade trees
- additional path connections
Frequently asked questions
For more information about this pilot, read these helpful FAQs.