The City of Boroondara (Council) is seeking community feedback on a proposal to revitalise Cookson Street, between Burke Road and Holly Street, Camberwell.
The primary aim of this project is to create a safer environment for pedestrians and road users at this busy location.
Additional benefits of this new public space include:
- increased public space for seating, waiting and dining
- improved streetscape amenity and all-abilities access with a new raised pedestrian threshold, footpath widening and new road and footpath paving
- increased tree canopy cover
- a revitalised pedestrian-friendly gateway into Camberwell Shopping Centre
- support of local trade by creating more attractive public spaces for customers and visitors to enjoy.
To create this new public space, Council is proposing to remove ten on-street car spaces. To assess the impacts of this proposal, a parking occupancy survey has been completed and it was found that there is adequate parking provision nearby.
Your feedback is important
We encourage you to provide your feedback on the improvement plan by Friday 20 April 2018 via:
- Email: [email protected]
- Post: Environment and Sustainable Living, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
Feedback received will be used to guide further design development. The improvement works are scheduled to be implemented in late 2018.
For further information or to request a hard copy of the plans, please contact Mark Skiba on 9278 4060.