We are considering making a local law to be known as the "Common Seal and Conduct at Meetings Local Law".
Council will meet to consider making a local law in the form of the proposed local law at the Council Meeting on 24 August 2020.
Purpose and outcomes of the proposed Local Law
The purposes of this Local Law is to:
- revoke Council’s Meeting Procedure Local Law 2017
- regulate the use of the common seal
- prohibit unauthorised use of the common seal or any device resembling the common seal
- create offences relating to the conduct at Council and delegated Committee meetings
If the proposed local law is made, it will:
- regulate the storage and use of the common seal
- establish a law which will maintain order at meetings
- create enforcement mechanisms for contravention of the proposed local law, which may incur a penalty specified in the proposed local law
Your feedback is important
You are invited to provide feedback until Friday 24 August 2020.
Submissions should be addressed to Manager Governance. You can submit your feedback via:
- mail to Boroondara City Council, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
- email at [email protected].
Any person making a submission is entitled to request (in the submission itself) to be heard in support of the submission by appearing before a meeting of a Council committee (either personally or by a person acting on his or her behalf). In that event, the person will be notified of the date and time of the hearing.
For more information about the proposed local law, contact David Thompson, Manager Governance, on 9278 4470.