Alamein Shopping Centre improvements
The City of Boroondara has developed a Shopping Centre Improvement Plan which identifies streetscape improvement opportunities at 42 shopping centres across the municipality.
Council is pleased to advise that Ashburton’s Alamein Shopping Centre is the next centre to be considered for improvements.
We now seek your feedback on the draft concept plan to inform our future works.
The improvements are intended to enhance the shopping centre’s appearance and character and create a safe, functional and pedestrian-friendly environment. It is anticipated these measures will improve user satisfaction and support local businesses by creating an attractive setting for customers to enjoy.
The draft concept plan aims to:
- create a welcoming entrance and opportunities for longer stays with public spaces for sitting, relaxing and outdoor eating,
- enhance the green, leafy character and streetscape appearance with new plantings and the use of consistent materials and street furniture,
- improve pedestrian amenity with new footpaths, furniture and shade from trees.
To create these new public spaces and garden beds, it is proposed to remove three car parking spaces. Ample on-street parking is available on Victory Boulevard and Alamein Avenue.
Your feedback is important
You are invited to give your feedback until Monday 13 May 2019 via:
- email: [email protected]
- post: Environment and Sustainable Living, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
- in person: at an on-site public engagement session on Tuesday, 30 April, between 9:00am to 10:30am, at the Alamein shops, Victory Boulevard (corner of Alamein Avenue).
The proposed works are scheduled for implementation in the 2019-20 financial year and are subject to further detailed design, funding availability and the outcomes of this consultation.