- Decision-making in the delivery of high quality services by capable and professional people reflects transparent, accountable and fair practices.
- Sound financial and risk management practices are carried out.
25.2 million net operating cost
158,152 phone calls and 63,211 online requests responded
76,030 rateable properties
New Boroondara website
In May 2017, Council launched its new website with information designed to meet accessibility standards and objectives developed in consultation with the Boroondara community. Some key features include; new mapping functionality 'near me' which assists the community to find Council assets and activities, while new planning and building guides make obtaining information on these processes easy for customers.
Deployment of 48 eforms on the website has improved data quality captured through validated fields in the forms ensuring correct data is entered. This has reduced some manual processes and the need to rescan forms into our systems. It also allows residents to submit forms and upload supporting documents at all times. The launch of the website saw the reduction in eight Council websites to one to enable ease of access and consolidation of information and services into one location.
2016 Council Election
Council successfully prepared for and coordinated the conduct of the Council Election and the subsequent Councillor Induction process. Elected Councillors were sworn-into office on 2 November 2016 following the general elections on 22 October 2016. An Induction Program was rolled out following the Declaration of the Poll on 31 October 2016.
Council also ensured the relevant deadlines were met for reviews of the Councillor Code of Conduct, Mayoral and Councillor Allowances, and Council’s instruments of delegation, and the renewal of Council’s Meeting Procedure Local Law.
Summary of other achievements:
- implemented an Induction Program for the new Council, including workshops and training activities for the newly elected Councillors to familiarise them with their roles and responsibilities
- completed reviews of the Councillor Code of Conduct, Mayoral and Councillor Allowances, and Council’s instruments of delegation, and the renewal of Council’s Meeting Procedure Local Law
- deployed 48 eforms on the website allowing residents to submit forms and upload supporting documents 24/7 and to reduce manual handling
- adopted the 2017-21 Council Plan, 2017-18 Strategic Resource Plan and 2017-18 Rating Strategy
- re-developed the City of Boroondara website to deliver an improved online customer experience
- completed year two actions identified in the Occupational Health and Safety Strategy 2015-18
- prepared and presented the Strategic Internal Audit Plan to the Audit Committee in March 2017.