Our City Planning directorate is made up of the following departments:
Building Services consists of 4 main units:
- Statutory Building Services
- Boroondara Building Surveying Services (business unit)
- Building Administration
- Technical Liaison (Report and Consent) unit.
The Boroondara Building Surveying Services team provides a premium building permit application service both within and outside of the City of Boroondara's municipal boundaries.
This department encourages growth in the local business sector by supporting and encouraging business development, tourism, and the economic viability of the city. The team manages the council relationship with a number of markets in Boroondara as well as administering the Special rate and Charge schemes on behalf of the Trader Associations throughout the municipality.
This department consists of specialised teams in Parking and Traffic, Local Laws, Animal Management and Support. These teams take a proactive approach to meeting community needs in safety, amenity and good public order.
Our Statutory Planning team:
- assesses and determines applications for use, development and subdivision of land
- defends decisions at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)
- provides planning advice
- enforces the planning scheme
- assesses applications under our Tree Protection Local Law.
Our Strategic Planning team develops strategies and policies to guide decisions about land use and development within the City of Boroondara. It also maintains the Boroondara Planning Scheme and is responsible for advocating to the Victorian Government and Minister for Planning on behalf of the community on planning issues.