If you know someone who you believe deserves to be recognised for their contribution to our community through their volunteering efforts, you can nominate them for the Boroondara Volunteer of the Year Award. Nominations are open until Friday 11 October.
Nominate a volunteer using our online form or by mail.
Complete the online nomination form.
If you would prefer to nominate a volunteer by mail, please include the following information with your written submission:
- responses to the above selection criteria (maximum 400 words)
- nominator’s details including: name, email and phone
- nominee’s details including name, email, address and phone
- two referees’ details including: name, email, phone and relationship to the nominee
Please send your submission to:
Boroondara Volunteer of the Year Award
City of Boroondara
Private Bag 1, Camberwell, VIC 3124
Nominations close Friday 11 October.
- Entry in the Volunteer of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens who reside and volunteer for a community organisation in the City of Boroondara.
- Volunteer of the Year Award nominees must not receive payment except for reimbursement of expenses for their volunteer role.
- Current serving councillors of the City of Boroondara are ineligible.
The selection panel will consider the following criteria when assessing nominations:
- benefit and impact of the nominee’s volunteering to the community, as well as achievements
- attributes, skills and experience of the nominee
- history and range of volunteering activities undertaken by the nominee.
In making a decision, the selection panel will also take into account:
- the extent to which the nominee has balanced their volunteering activity in addition to work and other personal commitments
- the challenges and complexities associated with their volunteering activities.
- The Award is honorary only and bears no official role or duties.
- All nomination information and materials submitted remain the property of the City of Boroondara.
- The personal information requested as part of the nomination process is being collected by the Council for the purpose of accepting nominations for the Boroondara Volunteer of the Year Award and will be used solely for that purpose or directly related purposes.
- The decision of the selection panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision.
- The winner of the award will be announced at the International Volunteer of the Year event on Thursday 5 December 2019.
- Nominations must be received by 11:59pm on Friday 11 October.
For more information on the Volunteer of the Year awards, contact the Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre at Council on 9278 4550.