If you know someone who you believe deserves to be recognised for their contribution to our community through their volunteering efforts, you can nominate them for our Volunteer of the Year Award.
Nominations for the 2018 awards opened on 15 September 2017 and closed on 10 November 2017.
Step 1: Make sure your nominee meets the selection criteria
The selection panel will consider the following criteria when assessing nominations:
- benefit and impact of the nominee’s volunteering to the community, as well as achievements
- attributes, skills and experience of the nominee
- history and range of volunteering activities undertaken by the nominee.
In making a decision, the selection panel will also take into account:
- the extent to which the nominee has balanced their volunteering activity in addition to work and other personal commitments
- the challenges and complexities associated with their volunteering activities.
Step 2: Make sure your nominee meets the conditions of entry
- Entry in the Volunteer of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens who reside and volunteer for a community organisation in the City of Boroondara.
- Volunteer of the Year Award nominees must not receive payment except for reimbursement of expenses for their volunteer role.
- Current serving councillors of the City of Boroondara are ineligible.
Step 3: Submit your nomination form
To complete the form, you'll need to provide:
- your name, phone number, email and address
- your nominee's name, phone number, email and address
- scanned copies of supporting documents.
When we've received your nomination, we'll send you a confirmation email.
We'll contact you if we need any more information.
Due to the large volume of entries, we only notify the award winners and their nominators. We contact them in December.
For more information on the Volunteer of the Year awards, contact us on 9278 4550.