Do you know someone who shows exceptional leadership or commitment towards improving the lives of others in our community? By nominating them for one of our citizens awards, you’ll be showing them their efforts have not gone unnoticed.
There are two awards:
- Citizen of the Year Award
- Young Citizen of the Year Award (aged 26 and under).
Nominations for the 2019 Awards closed 9 November 2018.
The winners will be announced at the Boroondara Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony on Saturday 26 January 2019.
Step 1: Make sure your nominee meets the selection criteria
Your nominee should have:
- made a contribution to the betterment of the community
- made a commitment to civic responsibility
- demonstrated leadership
- demonstrated a commitment to activities that have short- and long-term benefits to others
- participated in community activities
- demonstrated care and compassion towards improving the quality of life for others
- shown commitment to their family and local community.
Step 2: Make sure your nominee meets the conditions of entry
- Entry in the Citizen of the Year Award and Volunteer of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens who are living, studying, working or volunteering in the City of Boroondara.
- Entry in the Young Citizen of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens under 26 years of age (as at 26 January 2019) who are living, studying, working or volunteering in the City of Boroondara.
- Current serving Councillors of the City of Boroondara are ineligible.
- You cannot nominate yourself.
- Nominations can be made online or on the hardcopy form. Photocopies of the official form are acceptable.
- Individuals and organisations may make nominations.
- All nomination information and materials submitted remain the property of the City of Boroondara.
- The decision of the judging panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision.
Step 3: Submit your nomination form
To complete the online form, you'll need to provide:
- your name, phone number, email and address
- your nominee's name, phone number, email and address
- scanned copies of supporting documents.
When we've received your nomination, we'll send you a confirmation email.
We'll contact you if we need any more information.
Due to the large volume of entries, we only notify the award winners and their nominators. We contact them in December.
For more information on the citizens awards, contact us on 9278 4475.