Do you know someone who shows exceptional leadership or commitment towards improving the lives of others in our community? By nominating them for one of our citizens awards, you’ll be showing them their efforts have not gone unnoticed.
There are 2 awards:
- Boroondara Citizen of the Year Award
- Boroondara Young Citizen of the Year Award (aged 26 and under).
Nominations for the 2022 Boroondara Citizen of the Year and 2022 Boroondara Young Citizen of the Year awards are not open yet.
Step 1: Make sure your nominee meets the conditions of entry
- Entry in the Boroondara Citizen of the Year Award and Boroondara Young Citizen of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens who are living, studying, working or volunteering in the City of Boroondara.
- Entry in the Boroondara Young Citizen of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens under 26 years of age (as at 26 January 2021) who are living, studying, working or volunteering in the City of Boroondara.
- Current serving Councillors of the City of Boroondara are ineligible.
- You cannot nominate yourself.
- You can make a nomination online or on the hardcopy form. If you would like the hardcopy form, please email [email protected]
- Individuals and organisations may make nominations.
- All nomination information and materials submitted remain the property of the City of Boroondara.
- The decision of the judging panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision.
Step 2: Make sure your nominee meets the selection criteria
- How has your candidate contributed to the community and what has been the impact or benefits of their contribution?
- How has your nominee demonstrated leadership, commitment to helping others or inspired as a role model?
- What special skills, talents or attributes does your candidate have that makes them stand out?
- Personal, academic and professional achievements.
- Degree of difficulty of the achievement and sacrifices made.
- Previous awards and recognition.
Step 3: Submit your nomination form
To complete the online form, you'll need to provide:
- your name, phone number, email and postal address
- your nominee's name, phone number, email and postal address
- scanned copies of supporting documents.
Step 4: After you submit your nomination form
When we've received your nomination, we'll send you a confirmation email.
We'll contact you if we need any more information.
Due to the large number of entries, we only notify the award winners and their nominators. We contact them in December each year.