Do you know someone who shows exceptional leadership or commitment towards improving the lives of others in our community? By nominating them for one of our citizens awards, you’ll be showing them their efforts have not gone unnoticed.
There are 2 awards:
- Boroondara Citizen of the Year Award
- Boroondara Young Citizen of the Year Award (aged 26 and under).
Nominations for the 2023 Boroondara Citizen of the Year award and the 2023 Boroondara Young Citizen of the Year award are open and close at 5pm on Friday 25 November 2022.
The awards are open to Australian citizens living, studying, working or volunteering in Boroondara. The Young Citizen Award nominee must be under 26 years of age on 26 January 2023 to qualify.
The winners will be selected by a panel who will assess:
- the nominee’s passion to contribute to improving the quality of life for members of the community
- their commitment to civic responsibility
- their participation in community activities, among other qualities.
Step 1: Make sure your nominee meets the conditions of entry
Conditions of entry:
- Entry in the Boroondara Citizen of the Year Award and Boroondara Young Citizen of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens who are living, studying, working or volunteering in the City of Boroondara.
- Entry in the Boroondara Young Citizen of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens under 26 years of age (as at 26 January 2023) who are living, studying, working or volunteering in the City of Boroondara.
- Current serving Councillors of the City of Boroondara are ineligible.
- You cannot nominate yourself.
- Individuals and organisations may make nominations.
- All nomination information and materials submitted remain the property of the City of Boroondara.
- The decision of the judging panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision.
Step 2: Make sure your nominee meets the selection criteria
- How has your candidate contributed to the community, and what has been the impact or benefits of their contribution?
- How has your nominee demonstrated leadership, their commitment to helping others, or inspired others as a role model?
- What special skills, talents or attributes does your candidate have that makes them stand out?
- What are their personal, academic and professional achievements?
- What is the degree of difficulty of the achievements and sacrifices they have made?
- Have they received any previous awards and recognition?
Step 3: Submit your nomination form
To complete the online nomination form, you'll need to provide:
- your name, phone number, email and postal address
- your nominee's name, phone number, email and postal address
- scanned copies of supporting documents.
Nominations close at 5 pm on Friday 25 November 2022.
Step 4: After you submit your nomination form
When we've received your nomination, we'll send you a confirmation email. We'll contact you if we need any more information.
Due to the large number of entries, we only notify the award winners and their nominators. We contact them in December.