Contact Cr Thompson
My vision for Boroondara is that we become the most livable municipality in Victoria in what is a welcoming, supportive and encouraging community. By working together we can celebrate our heritage, appreciate our arts and embrace our diverse culture. We can build upon our vibrant community by opening up opportunities for education, supporting local businesses and encouraging greater civic pride. We can work as one to enhance our amenity and protect our leafy suburbs. I welcome your support as I strive to achieve my vision.
Garry and his family moved from Flemington to Glen Iris in Boroondara in 2007. They moved for the great opportunities and amenities that the City of Boroondara offers a family with young children.
His wife Marie has worked in Ashburton for more than seventeen years. They have two daughters, Mia and Amelie.
- Registered Architect
- Australian Institute of Architects
- Australian Institute of Project Managers
- Association for Learning Environments
- St. Kilda Cycling Club
Chair - Services Special Committee (SSC) - 9 May 2017 until Council resolves otherwise
- Statutory Planning Advisory Committee (SPAC) - on a monthly rotation
- Budget Process Review working Group (BPRWG)
- Waste Management Working Group
- Ashburton Strategic Alliance of Providers (ASAP) Partnership Group
Hobbies and interests
Education, art and culture, architecture and design, competition cycling