Contact Cr Ross
My vision is to maintain and improve the character and amenities which make Boroondara such a wonderful place to live and work. I believe in an open, consultative, inclusive and responsive Council that is open to change. Sustainability needs to be at the fore to ensure a positive environment for today and the future.
Cr Ross has lived in East Hawthorn for the past 26 years. She was a political journalist in the UK before moving to Melbourne.
For nearly 11 years, she was the Australian correspondent for one of the English newspapers, and worked as a freelance journalist on several of the Melbourne newspapers. She is married with two sons.
Cr Ross is on the Board of the Australian Local Government Association, Interim President (Metro) of the Municipal Association of Victoria, President of the Australian Local Government Women's Association, both nationally and in Victoria, and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
In 2014 she was named one of the 100 Women of Influence in the Australian Financial Review & Westpac 100 Women of Influence Awards.
- Kooyong Tennis Club
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD)
- Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) (Board Member)
- Australian Local Government Women's Association (President)
- Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) (Interim President until March 2017)
- Planning Institute of Australia (PLA)
- Waste Management Reference Group
- Boroondara Family Violence Network (BFVN)
- Boroondara Early Years Advisory Committee
- Town Hall Gallery Collection Advisory Committee
- Library Services Advisory Committee
- Boroondara - Swinburne University of Technology Collaborative Panel
Hobbies and interests
Spending time with family, bushwalking, jogging, gym, skiing, reading and camping.
Boroondara Community Profile
The Boroondara Community Profile offers insights into your community, drawing on the results of the 2006 Census. You can select your ward's community profile from the drop-down list above the map.