Contact Cr Parke
Cr Jim Parke, was elected to represent Bellevue Ward in October 2012 and elected unopposed in 2016. He chaired the Urban Planning Special Committee from 2014 until his election as Mayor in 2015-2016. He is once again Chair, Urban Planning Special Committee for 2016-2017.
In October 2015, he was awarded a certificate of outstanding service by the Municipal Association of Victoria, following 10 years’ service as a councillor. Whilst resident in Queensland, Cr Parke served two terms on the Toowoomba City Council.
Cr Jim Parke is a lawyer and certified practising accountant by profession. He is an Accredited Specialist in Business Law and a holds the degrees of Bachelor of Laws and Master of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology, a Master of Jurisprudence from Bond University, a Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance from the Governance Institute of Australia and a Graduate Diploma in Management from Swinburne University of Technology.
In September 2014, Cr Parke was appointed as a community member of the Adult Parole Board of Victoria. The Board plays an important role in the Victorian criminal justice system by managing the appropriate release of offenders on parole orders, to enhance the safety of the Victorian community.
Strongly community-minded, Jim Parke is the only Australian ever to hold the office of President of Crime Stoppers International. He has also previously served as Chairman of Crime Stoppers Australia, Chairman of Crime Stoppers Queensland, President of the Victims of Crime Association of Queensland and Deputy Chairman of Volunteering Australia. He is a past President of the Victorian Division of the Institute of Mercantile Agents. Cr Parke is also Patron of the Camberwell Historical Society.
- Member, CPA Australia
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Management
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Secretaries
- Fellow, Governance Institute of Australia
- Member, Australian College of Educators
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Planning Institute of Australia
Chair - Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC)
- Audit Committee
- Management Performance Review Committee
- Statutory Planning Advisory Committee (SPAC)
- Balwyn Library Redevelopment Steering Committee
- North East Community Hub Steering Committee
- Kew Library Redevelopment Steering Committee
- Kew Recreation Centre - Aquatics Renewal Steering Committee
- Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Advisory Group
- Boroondara Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Town Hall Gallery Collection Advisory Committee
- Boroondara - Swinburne University of Technology Collaborative Panel
Hobbies and interests
Motor racing, pistol shooting, theatre and film, literature, walking and travel.