Book a hard waste collection
You can register for two hard waste collections per financial year. This service is only available for residential properties.
You can register an expression of interest using our online form and will receive a booking date via email within the next two business days.
Alternatively, call Customer Service on 9278 4444 between 8am and 5.15pm, Monday to Friday.
Getting ready for hard waste collection
Ensure that waste is ready for collection the night before your booked collection day and that no vehicles are parked in front of materials to be collected.
How to dispose your hard waste
To maximise recycling of hard waste, please place your waste out in separate piles:
- general hard waste
During the hard waste collection, different trucks collect the waste, as the materials are taken to different processing facilities.
What to put out
Where possible, materials are recycled, reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
Accepted items include:
- whitegoods: including washing machines, fridges and dishwashers – for safety reasons doors should be removed from fridges and freezers
- wood: not including fencing
- disused household appliances
- small car parts.
To minimise local amenity issues, hard waste should be placed out for collection the night before and no more than the weekend prior to your scheduled booked collection day. Materials left out for collection must not exceed 1.5 metres in length.
What cannot be included
- green waste
- building materials
- builders' rubble or debris from renovations
- hazardous chemicals
- liquid waste
- gas and barbecue cylinders
- car tyres
- recyclables, such as paper and bottles.
Think twice before placing unwanted items out for the hard waste collection. You can do something positive for our environment – recycle.
The Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre provides recycling facilities for:
- computer equipment and TVs – free
- audio/visual equipment – small charge
- mattresses – small charge
- light globes – free
- paint – free for residents
- gas cylinders – free for residents
- motor and cooking oil (20 litres maximum) – free.