Our service promise to you
The City of Boroondara aims to provide helpful, friendly and efficient service to all our
customers. We believe it is the role of every Council employee to be committed to ensuring that our
customers experience excellent levels of service and satisfaction. Our staff welcome the
opportunity to assist you.
This charter reflects our Council
values which are integrity, collaboration, accountability, innovation and respect.
Contacting your Council
Our goal is to provide you with prompt and efficient service by staff who are approachable
and well informed.
- We will answer your calls promptly and, where we can, avoid transferring your
- Our correspondence will be clear, address all your issues and will include relevant
- We will make it easy for everyone to access our corporate information and community
- We offer interpreter and translation services in languages other than English and for
people with a hearing or vision impairment.
- We provide an emergency after hours service so that we can respond to urgent
Our service standards
- We will answer your call on average within 25 seconds.
- We will return phone calls within one working day.
- We will respond to all enquiries by mail, fax, email or online within 10 days of receipt.
Encouraging community involvement
Council understands the importance of providing opportunities for the community to be
heard and involved in the decision-making process.
How to give us feedback
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and programs. If you can
suggest ways we can do things better, please let us know. We highly value your comments.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received, we will listen to your
concerns and aim to resolve your enquiry fairly and efficiently. If we are unable to meet your
expectations we will clearly explain why.
How to make a formal complaint
Please write to us:
Private Bag 1, Camberwell Vic 3124